Search This Blog

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Get your tissues: Making Faces by Amy Harmon

Making FacesMaking Faces by Amy Harmon

My rating: 5 of 5 stars





This is one of those books I avoided. Why?
Because I have a policy when it comes to books, and really, life in general. No 'bandwagon' for me. I avoid it like the plague. So, when I see many people on FB gushing over the same book, "OMFG, it's amazing!!" "it was the best book ever !!!!!" **notice the multiple exclamation points** alarm bells go off. That's my cue to avoid said book like the plague.
This was the case with Making Faces by Amy Harmon.
So, I bid my time. Waited for it to go on sale, and it sat on my TBR list for a while. So this week I finally picked it up 'figuratively speaking'. And, wow, was I missing out!
The reviews were right. This book is beautifully written, has a very important lesson that everyone should learn; heck, I'd go as far as saying they should have students in schools read this book. Young people would greatly benefit from the lesson this book imparts IMO.

Yes, there's kissing, but be warned: There's no SEX in this book; not really.
Romance? LOVE? YES! very much so. Especially love.
Real love. True love.
And that, to me, is worth more than Lust, steaminess, or anything else out there.
I won't give anything away. Just to say this book is about True love, real beauty, loyalty, and Faith.
The characters; Ambrose, Fern, and Bailey were so real, honest, and genuine. As I'm skeptical about "tearjerkers" via emotional blackmail(*insert certain popular book here*), Making Faces is not; it's real, true, and yes, heartbreaking.
There are no GIFs to describe. Really. Just..

Thanks Amy Harmon, for living up to the 'hype'. Amazing Book.
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment