Search This Blog

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Hard as You Can: Hard Ink Series, Book 2 *sweetness...*

Hard As You Can (Hard Ink, #2)Hard As You Can by Laura Kaye

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Okay, so once again, thanks to Laura Kaye nothing got done in my house for two. whole. days.So I'll try to review without giving away any spoilers...

Hard as you can is the second book in the Hard Ink series by Laura Kaye. I've been a huge fan of Laura Kaye since the Hearts in Darkness and Forever Freed days, and I'm really enjoying seeing her writing evolve as she continues to grace us with her amazing characters.

By far - this is my favorite book of the Hard Ink Series. The first book, Hard as it gets, was good. The book however, was also the launching platform for the series, which meant that the main couple's story suffered from the time the author had to spend setting up the story leading to the other four books-- and I think for me, kept me from fully connecting with Rixey and Becca.

That is not the case with this book. O.M.G. I love Shane and Chrystal/Sara!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

IMO, Laura Kaye did in this book what she does best; She creates amazing characters in the most unbelievable situations while making their choices and actions believable. Right off the bat I connected with Shane, and could clearly see his attraction to Crystal and vice-versa. Here are two very damaged people by life, finding love and solace in an impossible situation.

Let's talk Shane...sweetness...he's...just...

His back story just broke my heart.
But not as much as sweet, brave, strong Crystal...

the poor girl has been to hell and back, and she's the strongest heroine I've read in a long time. I can completely see how she would make that connection with Shane, but also how she gives herself to him at the time she does; after all, she's lost everything, and he's her only ray of hope in the shitstorm that is her life.

Without spoiling this book, I'll say my heart went out to both Shane  -- and Chrystal/Sara. Laura Kaye does a beautiful job showing Chrystal's protective layers being shed the more she gets to know Shane, ultimately revealing her real self to him!
Laura Kaye, you have blown me away -- again!!!!
Needless to say I CANNOT wait for the next installment in the series **hint hint Easy and Jenna please!*** and once again lose myself in Laura's amazing writing!





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment