Search This Blog

Monday, November 3, 2014

Queen City Indie Con, Premonition Series, and what to read while waiting for Iniquity!

If you are a hardcore Amy A. Bartol fan, you are patiently waiting for Iniquity to come out. If you haven't read this series, you're missing out! Check out Amy Bartol's website because people, this series is a MUST READ!
We all love Reed, Russell, Xavier, and my favorite undead faerie of all time, Breenus. Let's be clear about something ladies, Breenus is Moin. And anyone that thinks he should perish? Let's just say...
Last weekend I got to attend Queen City Indie Con in Cincinnati, OH. There, I met and discovered a ton of new authors, as well as sit through great panels discussing all things writer-mania. I was in Heaven. But the best was yet to come.
The following day, I got to attend the book signing, assisting none other than AMY A. BARTOL, genius extraordinare, the one and only Premonition creator herself!!!!!!!!! ***cue freakout in 3, 2, 1......***


It was absolutely surreal!!!! I got to assist one of my All-Time favorite authors, sitting right across from Samantha Young, Denise Grover Swank, and Abbi Glines! Oh, did I mention Tara Sivec was right around the corner from us?! (pinch me now.) It was amazing. I got to watch Amy in Action. Got to meet other uber-fans like myself, drive hours -- hours! to come see Amy exclusively. Brave traffic, car break-ins (yup) all to meet their favorite story teller. Fan after fan, Amy was absolutely fantastic, sharing her experiences and listening to the fans as they gushed - along with me - about their feelings for Reed, Breenus, and Xavier: which one will end with Evie's heart??
After the signing, the award ceremony took place. Among the winners were Tara Sivec, Samantha Young, and of course, Amy Bartol for Under Different Stars!
Amy's books on Amazon
My review of Under Different Stars
Overall, it was a dream come true not only as an avid reader, but as a writer as well. I'm still think that maybe I imagined it all...but just in case, here are some pics I took during the event. Enjoy!
 






 **Yes, that's me and Courtney Houston getting photobombed by Tara freakin' Sivec!!! (meep!)
 The Winners Circle! Tonya Kappes, Tara Sivec, Aleatha Romig, Amy Bartol, Samantha Young, Georgia Cates, and Abbi Glines.
If like me, you're missing Amy's unique writing style and incredible characters, check her short story The Divided on the Take me to your Reader anthology, now available.
Upcoming weeks:

For those Amy Bartol fans, never fear. We can wait for Iniquity. Yes,
 We Can! Take your time Amy, because in the next few weeks, I'll be sharing what I call 'books to read while waiting for Iniquity'. The idea came after seeing an Outlander group giving each other moral support and giving each other reading ideas while they wait for the next book in the Outlander installment. Yes, Amy Bartol is as good as Diana Gabaldon, and her characters are equally memorable.
We Love you Amy!!!!!
So stay tuned. We can wait together. In the meantime, If you read the premonition series, check out Under Different Stars and The Divided!

1 comment: